From starting up an HR department at a rapidly-growing company to accessing the latest personnel management knowledge and expertise, as well as customer service and process improvement tips and personalized service, more and more small to mid-sized businesses are opting for partnerships with professional employer organizations (PEOs) as strategic plans are finalized for 2020.
The Enthusiasm is Contagious
Clients of Lyons HR summarize all these reasons for a PEO partnership in their testimonials. For instance, in the words of an HR/payroll manager at a quickly-expanding property management firm, “we are thrilled” with the PEO synergy they’re experiencing.
- The manager goes on to say that starting their HR department as their company has grown from one office with five employees to 35 employees in different locations, and growing, their PEO partnership “has made our job so much easier. Regardless of when we reach out to you, you are always full of knowledge about what we need to do and always ready to go the extra mile to get us there. The enthusiasm for human resources is contagious!”
- The office coordinator at a business efficiency and education company notes that in dealing with Lyons, “they truly take an interest in the situations we deal with and want to help. I never get a generic response. They take the time to listen and provide us helpful feedback and information.”
What Could a PEO Do for You?
As the New Year approaches, is it time to change your HR management functions for the better? If you find yourself spending an excessive amount of time, energy, and staff resources on non-revenue producing personnel tasks, the answer is probably “yes.”
Here’s a snapshot of services that a PEO can provide:
- General HR functions: consultation, audits and recommendations, job descriptions, employee handbooks, unemployment claims management, and policy, procedure and forms development and administration.
- Risk management: Workers’ compensation coverage and procurement, safety planning, OSHA reporting and assistance, accident and fraud investigation, liability insurance, and worksite assessments.
- Benefits functions: ACA compliance and reporting, plan negotiation, open enrollment administration, medical, dental, vision, supplementary and voluntary options, Section 125 and flexible savings accounts, retirement plans, premium reconciliation, and payment, and COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA assistance.
- Tax, payroll and administrative functions: processing, direct deposit, checks and cash cards, FICA, FUTA and SUTA payment and filings, W-2 and W-3 administration, time and attendance interface, new hire reporting and immigration verification, tax liens and garnishments, HRIS and employee file management and storage, and employment and wage verifications.
Looking for an HR Partner you can count on?
Whew! That’s a lot of work that can’t be ignored, yet can continuously pull you away from strategic planning and other core business duties. Rather than become burned out by the constant demands of effective HR management, why not partner with a PEO? In doing so, you not only relieve yourself of the related time and stress but help ensure that you attract and retain top talent well into 2020 and beyond … and keep enthusiasm for HR booming at your company. Contact Lyons HR today to learn more.