There are always challenges when it comes to maintaining your company’s competitive edge. But no one could have predicted the unique and unprecedented issues that have emerged during the first seven months of 2020. As you prepare for the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic, now may be the ideal time to partner with the right professional employer organization (PEO) to get this year’s business plan back on track.
Why Work with a PEO?
PEOs provide talent management services for their clients, which may range from just a few targeted functions a full soup-to-nuts menu – making them essentially an offsite HR department.
- Any business can find value in a PEO relationship. When you contract with a PEO, you enter into a co-employment agreement whereby your PEO handles day-to-day HR administrative tasks, freeing you up to focus on the more strategic aspects of running your company. Your clients may be relying on you to help them staff back up after the pandemic, quickly, seamlessly and efficiently. How can you do that without getting your own house in order first?
- Your PEO gives your employees access to benefits and other amenities they would not have otherwise. Because PEOs pool employees from all their clients, they offer group purchasing power, which translates to benefit offerings comparable to those offered at Fortune 500 and other major employers, even though your business may be much smaller. These include competitive 401(k) plans, health, dental, life and other insurance, retirement plan options and dependent care, to name just a few. This economy of scale enables you to lower costs, as well as enhance your employer brand image in the marketplace.
… And Why Lyons HR?
When shopping for a PEO, take time to consider exactly where you need HR and talent management assistance and expertise. Based on your organization’s unique needs, choose a PEO partner that “gets” those needs and fully understands your business, your industry, your market and your competition.
Among the areas of specialty offered by Lyons HR are:
- Risk management: Workers’ compensation coverage and procurement, customized safety plans and training, OSHA reporting and assistance, claims management, accident and fraud investigations, and worksite liability assessments.
- Employee benefits: ACA compliance and reporting, benefit plan negotiations, open enrollment, medical, dental and vision plans, supplemental and voluntary benefits, Section 125 and FSAs, retirement plan options, premium reconciliation, and COBRA, HIPAA and ERISA compliance.
- Tax, payroll and administrative services: payroll processing, direct deposit, checks and cash cards, FICA, FUTA and SUTA payments, W-2 and W-3 filings, time and attendance interface new hire reporting, immigration verification, tax lien processing and garnishments, and HRIS and file management and storage.
- Professional placement services: to strategically fill your business-critical positions, with ready access to the most in-demand candidates including passive talent.
- General HR services: consultations, audits and recommendations, job descriptions, employee handbooks, unemployment claims, labor law compliance assistance, HR policies, procedures and forms, and more.
Looking for a competitive advantage?
Among our client benefits is our web-based user-friendly Lyons HR Cloud Service. Contact us today so we can tell you more about all the ways we can help your company take the lead, including our 100% replacement guarantee. We look forward to helping you finish 2020 on a high note.