Companies of all sizes and in all industries use HR software – a trend that continues to grow. Initially, most businesses made the shift to online tools to free their HR team to concentrate on the more strategic aspects of their role. But today, this focus has expanded to encompass all employees and, as a result, they’re more satisfied, engaged and productive.
The Advantages of Online Systems
Online HR systems provide a central place where information, policies and documents can be located, providing employees access to the details they need in real time. The latest apps also notify employees when there’s something they need to do, such as submit a time sheet or approve a vacation request.
Additional benefits of web-based HR software include:
- Employee self-service: The most effective HR information systems enable employees to log in to view their information. This keeps them engaged as they can easily track their time and attendance, vacation days, payments and other data. They don’t even have to send an email to request time off – they can do so with just a few clicks. Subsequently, their manager can simply click to accept or deny it. If accepted, it’s automatically recorded in a database, saving everyone valuable time and simultaneously keeping records up to date.
- Enhanced teamwork: Inbuilt social platforms encourage employee collaboration, giving them a common platform for sharing information and working together seamlessly on projects. Online directories and organizational charts help everyone feel more connected.
- Immediate availability: Once you sign up for a web-based solution, your company can begin using it immediately. There’s no need to wait for huge files to be downloaded or installs to be run. If you already have a compatible web browser, you’re ready to be up and running.
- Regular back-up: Most cloud software developers regularly back up all the employee data stored in their systems. You don’t have to worry about data loss if a server fails, nor will you lose information if an office computer’s hard drive ceases to function. A staff member can simply switch to a different computer and continue working.
- Security: Employees’ personal information needs to be properly stored and secured at all times. Not only is this data sensitive, but it also tends to change frequently. Regular back-ups keep it safe and ultimately assist in any transfers between systems.
Looking For Tools To Make You More Profitable?
Is it time for your company to implement web-based HR tools or improve the system you already have in place? At Lyons HR, we have the solution to this challenge – and all the other human capital challenges you need to wrap your arms around as you run your business. Contact us today to learn more.