Effective HR management is critical to the success of your business. But, it covers a lot of ground, and the countless related tasks can be complex, confusing and time consuming. With only a limited number of hours in your day, your greatest value comes from focusing on core functions and strategic initiatives around hiring, recruiting, and developing company culture. Often, other activities can be automated or outsourced for maximum efficiency.
Which personnel-related services should you outsource – and why? The list may include:
- HR consultations and audits
- Leadership, management and employee training
- Job descriptions
- Employee handbooks
- Unemployment claims
- Labor law compliance assistance
- Policies, procedures and forms … and more.
Achieve efficiency and cost savings.
The overhead costs associated with HR can quickly mount. They include office space, equipment, and properly trained and experienced staff, to name a few. Outsourcing helps minimize your costs and avoid trying to maintain non-revenue generating back-office expenses. And, since these costs are often variable, you can increase and decrease them as business needs warrant.
- Advanced technology offered by your outsourcing partner helps to streamline your HR functions. It enables you and your managers to spend less time on paperwork and other administrative duties and more time on building your business. Self-serve options are attractive to employees, helping to boost morale, productivity and overall job satisfaction.
Manage and reduce risk.
Employment and labor laws change constantly. It can be challenging to stay up to date on those that impact your workforce. The right outsourcing partner employs experts who specialize in keeping current with federal and state requirements and compliance demands.
- You can also rely on your outsourcing partner to maintain and audit your company policies and practices. This helps ensure that your organization and your employees’ best interests are always protected.
Improve employee development.
HR outsourcing can help you better manage performance, training and development in all areas of your workforce. For instance, your outsourcing partner can take over the development and implementation of performance management plans or monitor ongoing employee performance and report findings back to you.
Looking for an HR partner?
Partnering with a professional employer organization (PEO) may be the best solution as you consider your HR outsourcing options. A PEO functions like an off-site HR department for your company. Small businesses who utilize PEOs grow seven to nine percent faster, have 10 to 14 percent lower turnover, and are 50 percent less likely to fail, as reported by the National Association of PEOs. To learn more about how a PEO partnership could benefit your business, contact Lyons HR today.